As a public foundation and registered charity, The Foundation Office provides the corporate and technical infrastructure for named foundations (i.e., The ABC Family Foundation) to be set up as donor-advised funds.
We begin by meeting with you to understand your particular philanthropic vision and in which areas of operation you desire the philanthropic counsel and services of The Foundation Office. A customized agreement is then drafted to support you in your giving.
By forming your foundation at The Foundation Office, a variety of services are available and can be tailored to your needs. These include:
- Assistance in clarifying your giving priorities
- Expert research on and knowledge of Canadian charities with domestic and international impact
- Guidance for you (and your family, if appropriate) as you shape your granting process
- Management of the entire granting cycle, from the call for proposals to grant dispersals and project evaluations
- Opportunities to connect with other donors who share similar giving priorities and who may be potential funding collaborators
The Foundation Office continues to work with you and on your behalf through the full giving cycle.
We also offer similar services to private family foundations.
The Foundation Office facilitates occasional gatherings where invited donors can learn from and with each other. By fostering an environment where like-minded donors can learn within a growing community of friends and co-learners, the wider philanthropic and charitable sectors benefit through our increased knowledge, compassion, and desire to serve together.
To set up an exploratory meeting to discuss how The Foundation Office can serve your philanthropic agenda, contact us here.